You would not believe how much time we've spent trying to find an easy way to post code samples to this blog. Research (via Google) has proven that we're not the only ones who have spent countless hours trying to do what should be very simple.
Now that we've figured out an excellent way to do it, we thought we'd share it with everyone else.
1. Download, install, and run Windows Live Writer. Setup your blog following the wizard.
2. Download and install the Code Snippet Plugin for Windows Live Writer.
3. Open Visual Studio 2005.
4. Copy the code from Visual Studio 2005 that you want to post to your blog.
5. Switch to Windows Live Writer. Make sure you're in Web Layout mode. Click the link on the sidebar that says Insert Code Snippet.
6. When the Code Snippet window pops up, paste your code into the top window.
The end result will look something like this:
You can adjust the width and height of the code box from within Windows Live Writer.
That's it! It wasn't too painful, I hope.